Environmental Health & Safety
Our Environmental Health and Safety Policy describes our commitments to minimize our impact on the environment while protecting the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers, and communities. We report annually on our performance. To learn more, read our 2013 Environmental Health and Safety Report.
Environmental Health and Safety Policy Statement
Innovation and imagination are inseparable from our commitment to continuous improvement in our Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) performance. Our policy is to conduct all global business activities in a manner that minimizes impacts on the environment and protects the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers and the community. All Imation employees are responsible and accountable for the successful implementation of this policy.
We accomplish our policy through the following commitments:
- Imation will meet or exceed all applicable environmental, health and safety legal requirements.
- Imation will strive to develop processes and products which minimize environmental, health and safety impact.
- Imation will implement continual improvement of our Environmental, Health and Safety management systems and performance.
- Imation will actively promote pollution prevention and waste minimization in order to conserve our natural resources, and will ensure the proper disposal of waste in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Imation will work in cooperation with government, community, industry groups, customers and suppliers engaged in environmental, health and safety activities.
- Imation will provide appropriate training for all personnel to ensure that Imation’s EHS objectives are met.
MSDS & Product Environment Sheets
Scan the list below for Imation product MSDS and Product Environmental Sheets. Copying and/or downloading of this information for the purpose of properly utilizing Imation Corp products is allowed provided that:
- The information is copied in full with no changes unless prior agreement is obtained from Imation Enterprises Corp.
- Neither the copy nor the original is resold or otherwise distributed with the intention of earning a profit thereon
Please see important information regarding the MSDS in Section XVI "Additional Information" of the MSDS. If you need additional assistance, please contact Imation Environmental, Health and Safety Services at 1.651.704.5763.
Current MSDS Files
Compliance with International Union Regulations
Directive EC No 1907/2006 - Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) is a European regulation that controls commerce of chemicals and products containing chemicals that are manufactured or imported into the EU. REACH requires that recipients and customers be informed when a product or material contains a substance of very high concern (SVHC). Eventually, some SVHC materials will require authorization for use in the EU, and others may simply be banned. Imation checks the products it imports to the EU in against REACH quantitative chemical tonnage limits and the SVHC material list. SVHC compliance is done by a combination of supplier certifications and analytical testing. A web-based recipient and customer product SVHC notification system is being established for the Imation website.
Analytical testing and supplier certifications are used to ensure compliance with the EU Directive 2002/95/EC Restrictions of the Use of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS). This directive restricts the presence of lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, and certain brominated flame retardants in electrical and electronic equipment.
Conflict Minerals Disclosure
On June 2, 2014, Imation filed a Conflict Minerals Report with Form SD for the year ended December 31, 2013 with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Download the Conflict Minerals Report (PDF).